What is the carbon footprint of the technology?
With Heliatek, you choose clean and green energy with an ultra-low carbon footprint and hassle free and environmental friendly disposal at the end of its lifetime. Heliatek has a carbon footprint of less than 10 g CO2e/kWh compared to 40-100 g CO2e/kWh of standard silicon-based solar technologies and more than 1,000 g CO2e/kWh of brown coal.
Heliatek achieves this ultra-low carbon footprint through:
- There is only 1 gram of organic material per m² in the photovoltaic active layer
- 98% of the used materials originate from Europe/Germany
- No use of rare raw materials
- No use of toxic heavy metals such as Lead or Cadmium
- Encapsulation is based on PET plastic